This post is about how I will organize this blog and experiment. Details may change but this is the general structure.
Looking at all my self-help books I saw that they mostly fell into 3 general categories: self, career, health. I think I could add an extra category too: writing. I have collected a small slew of writing books over the years because I always had a vague idea of wanting to become a better writer...except I never wrote anything other than academic papers that were assigned to me and that I usually wrote at the last minute. Ok enough about that, so I have 4 categories of self-help books. Each month I will take 3 of those books and try to apply them to things in my life that I care about: stuff like this blog, my relationships with my husband, friends and family, getting a new job, loosing weight (self improvement goal I know, but lets see how i can transform it), etc.
The first month I will read and apply the following books.
Career: You Majored in What? By Katharine Brooks
Self: Are You Ready to Succeed? By Srikumar S. Rao
Writing: Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life By Anne Lamott
Happy Easter All!
No comments:
Post a Comment